10 WAYS TO HELP YOU SAVE FUEL
- Tune Up: Properly tuning your engine can improve fuel economy by as much as 4%. Fixing a serious issue, such as faulty oxygen sensor – can boost mileage upt o 40%.
- Pump Up: Properly inflated tires improve gas mileage by up to 3.3%.
- Unpack: An extra 100 pounds of cargo reduces fuel economy up to 2%. A loaded roof rack cuts fuel economy by up to 5%.
- Slow Down: Gas mileage usually decreases rapidly at speeds above 60 mph. Every 5 mph over 60 mph is like adding an additional 29 cents per gallon for gas.
- Avoid idling: A car gets 0 mpg when the engine is idling.
- Chill Out: Speeding, rapid acceleration and braking can lower gas mileage by 33% on the highway and 5% in city driving.
- Put It in Overdrive: Using an overdrive gear on the highway saves both fuel and engine wear.
- Unclog: Replacing a severely plugged air filter on an older car with a carbureted engine improves fuel economy by up to 14%.
- Use the Right Oil: Using the manufacturer’s recommended grade of oil improves fuel economy by 1% - 2%.
- Plan Your Trips: Plan routes and timing to avoid heavy periods of traffic congestion.
Your vehicle is equipped with the General Motors efficient and convenient Simplified Maintenance. When the CHANGE OIL message illuminates, your vehicle should be serviced as soon as possible within the next 600 miles.
Peggy Cross – Service Manager
Hours of Operation